Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016)
Kid Friendly Services at Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016)
Parent Friendly Services at Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016)
Unlimited Wi-Fi Internet
Fully Equipped Guest Kitchen
Satellite TV (English)
DVD / CD player
Phone / iPhone Player
Children Cots & Highchairs
Books, Games & Toys
Kid Friendly Activities Near Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016)
Day School / Nursery
Kid Friendly Bali Culture
Zoos & Marine Parks
Parent Friendly Activities Near Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016)
Art & Museums
Cliff Top Vistas
Restaurants and Bars
Rice Paddy Views
Temples & Culture
Villa Kalisha Rates
|Season||Low Season||Mid Season||High Season||Peak Season|
Sept 1st - Oct 31st 2017
Dec 9th - Dec 22nd 2017
Mar 23rd - Jun 23rd 2018
Dec 8th - Dec 21st 2018
|Jun 24th – Aug 31st 2018|
Dec 23rd - Jan 6th 2018
Dec 22nd - Jan 5th 2019
Villa Kalisha Description
Villa Kalisha is a spectacular villa, and the view as you first enter the villa is truly something out of the ordinary. The bedrooms are absolutely enormous, and each are equipped with a huge double bed, lots of cupboard space, and even sofas and both have amazing views out through the floor to ceiling windows. Because the rooms are so huge it is easy for cots or extra beds to be added to the bedrooms, but the upstairs TV room also doubles as a bedroom and has two very good quality single sofa beds that can be used as singles, or pushed together to make a great double and also a day bed that can be used as a third bed as well.
The bathrooms are even more special. Completely open to the jungle, but still totally secluded, the bathrooms offer great views, and something a bit unusual with a wooden bath in one, and a an old style copper bath in the other. One of the bathrooms even has goldfish in a very shallow pond by the bath, which our kids loved watching as they washed.
The staff are great at Villa Kalisha, speaking excellent English, and providing top quality Balinese and Indonesian meals. They really helped us to explore the absolutely beautiful local countryside, and to experience some amazing local festivals and temple ceremonies.
There is Wifi internet is available throughout the villa, and similar to all the villas listed on Kid Friendly Villas, there are lots of DVDs, books, toys and games for kids at Villa Kalisha.
Villa Kalisha Pros and Cons
We think it is helpful for all the villas that we give guests an objective view of the pros and cons of each villa. Please remember that this is not something that you will get with any other site, where all descriptions tend to be gushingly wonderful and one sided. We do genuinely believe that all of the villas listed on Kid Friendly Villas are great villas, with good locations, great staff and most of all a level of service and a focus on children that most other villas come nowhere close to having.
Villa Kalisha Pros
- A truly spectacular villa, with floor to ceiling glass windows giving amazing views of the breath-taking scenery all around the villa.
- Despite the openness and lightness of the rooms, Villa Kalisha is totally private and not overlooked at all, and so is ideal for romantic escapes or spending time away from everything with the family.
- This is the ideal villa if you want to get away from it all, but still want all the services of a great hotel, and the attractions of a major town of Ubud close by.
- The area around Villa Kalisha has very picturesque local villages, fascinating and genuine ceremonies and celebrations that the staff will help you explore and some of the most beautiful walks that you will find anywhere in Bali.
- Villa Kalisha is actually closer to many of the main attractions of the Ubud area than Ubud centre itself, such as the great temples of Gunung Kawi and Tirta Empul; the elephant park at Taro, the rice terraces at Tegallalang (which are walking distance) and the underground labyrinth at Bali Eco Adventure.
- Villa Kalisha is at a higher altitude than Ubud centre and so enjoys cool temperatures (24° to 26° degrees C) all year round – a welcome relief from the heat and bustle of Ubud.
- With the addition of a 3rd bathroom off the upstairs living room, Villa Kalisha is now a comfortable villa for 6 persons in three separate rooms, and also well set up for small events such as weddings.
- The staff at Villa Kalisha are really excellent, speaking fluent English, and able to prepare some really top quality Balinese and Indonesian food, as well as common Western dishes if required as well..
Villa Kalisha Cons
- Although there is a spa and yoga centre a short walk away, Villa Kalisha is at least a 20 minute drive from Ubud centre with our local driver Dougie, but it costs just Rp 250,000 (US$18) for a return trip including a stop for a few hours in Ubud.
- Villa Kalisha is not suitable for disabled or elderly guests who struggle with walking or handling steps.
- Mosquitos are seldom a problem at Villa Kalisha because of the altitude even though it is fully equipped with insect nets on the beds, but given the jungle location if you are the sort of person that runs screaming from the room if you see a spider then Villa Kalisha is not for you.
- Because of its cool mountain location Villa Kalisha has no need of air-conditioning, and so there is none at the villa – only room fans.
- Villa Kalisha is in a jungle, and maintenance is a constant battle, and so Villa Kalisha is not as pristine as our villas in drier locations such as Seminyak, Canggu and Jimbaran despite the recent renovation.
Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016) Video
Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016) Photo Gallery
Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016) Map
Guest Reviews at Villa Kalisha - Ubud (Totally Renovated Nov 2016)
The only thing more amazing than the view from the pool deck, is the hospitality shown by the wonderful staff. We will be back again.
The villa is beautiful, the setting awesome, but the family we met here made it most special. Our children played with Kadek, and giggled for 4 days straight. We will be back.
Our breath was taken away. I know it seems poetic and soppy, but this wonderful feeling hit us and stayed with us our entire stay. We loved Villa Kalisha